The SAS - Shotguns
Calibre: 12 gauge, 3" Magnum Pump Shotgun
Barrel: 26" smooth bore barrel with vented rib and interchangeable choke system
Magazine: 5 Shell tube magazine
Overall Length: 46.5"
Average Weight: 7.25lbs
• Timney All Steel Adjustable trigger assembly with safety
• Remington 20" fully rifled, rear- sighted deer barrel.
• Remington 18.5" Smooth bore barrel with recoil compensator system
• Titanium Firing Pin
• Steel Barrel Shroud
• Choate 8 round magazine extension
• Choate heavy duty magazine spring and shell follower
• Choate polycarbonate pistol grip stock
• Choate polycarbonate slide grip
The shotgun is a very messy thing, and is liable to hit a hostage as well as the hostage taker when fired, instead the SAS use it as a door breacher, they use special door breaching cartridges (very powerful when concentrated on a small area such as a hinge or door lock) to blow open a door so the team can move in.